Dairy-free products are defined as products which contain no form of dairy like milk, eggs, or cheese.
Although you can feel relatively safe that when a label claims a product is dairy-free, it is indeed dairy-free, people on a dairy-free or vegan diet are encouraged to always read the label. Unfortunately, sometimes items are labeled incorrectly and include dairy-derived ingredients present in the food.
Examples of dairy-free products include:
- Alternative milks like soy milk, almond milk, and coconut milk
- Desserts like sherbet, frozen fruit bars, and angel food cake
- Peanut butter, nuts, and seeds
- Protein like beans, meat, and peas
- Tofu products and soy cheeses
- Vegetable and meat soups that are milk-free