C Time Acid Free C 1000mg
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient that cannot be made by the body and thus, must be obtained from one’s diet. C Time Acid Free 1000mg is a high strength non-acidic form of vitamin C, formulated with calcium ascorbate and citrus bioflavonoids. Calcium ascorbate is a neutral, natural form of vitamin C. This form stays in the body longer than ordinary Vitamin C, an action that increases its effectiveness.
The bioflavonoids contained in this formula help to improve the absorption and effectiveness of Vitamin C. Bioflavonoids are natural compounds in Vitamin C and enhance its use in the body. They work synergistically to protect and preserve the structure of capillary blood vessels.Neutral pHBeing non-acidic, C Time Acid Free 1000mg is ideal for those with sensitive stomachs and those who cannot tolerate the acidic form of Vitamin C. It minimizes the risk of stomach upset or discomfort.
Benefits of Calcium Ascorbate
When Vitamin C is eliminated from the body, it takes with it essential minerals such as calcium. As Vitamin C chelates calcium directly out of the bloodstream, the higher the Vitamin C intake, the higher the amount of calcium excreted. Calcium deficiency will occur if there is an insufficient intake of calcium (to replace what was lost). Calcium ascorbate can help replenish the calcium that was excreted in the urine due to Vitamin C chelation.
Supports the Immune System
- The high levels of vitamin C in white blood cells influence their ability to support the immune system. There is growing evidence that Vitamin C helps increase resistance to infections and diseases.
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant which helps maintain healthy cells by protecting them from damage caused by free radicals. It also prevents the oxidization of other antioxidant vitamins (eg, Vitamin A) in the body.
Fights the Common Cold
- The anti-allergic and anti-viral properties of Vitamin C make it a useful supplement when dealing with infections such as the common cold. Clinical trials have shown that Vitamin C is particularly effective in reducing the duration and severity of colds. In an analysis of 23 studies, it was found that 2 grams of Vitamin C per day reduced the duration of a cold by 26% in children and 6% in adults. A greater benefit was seen from taking 2 grams or more Vitamin C compared to 1 gram per day. (Med Hypotheses 52(2): 171-178, 1999)
Has an Impact on Cancer & Cardiovascular Disease
- Recent scientific evidence suggests that an increased intake of vitamin C is linked to a decreased risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease, due to its antioxidant activity. Population studies have found that doses of up to 3 grams of Vitamin C per day markedly improved conditions such as myocardial infarction and stroke. (Am J Clin Nutr 69(6): 1086-1107, 1999)
Maintains Connective Tissues
- Vitamin C is needed to make collagen, which is essential in maintaining the strength of muscles and blood vessels. It protects against bruising and plays an important role in wound healing.
Manages Physical and Mental Stress
- Vitamin C is used up faster when one is facing physical, mental or biochemical stress. Thus it is important to increase one’s intake of Vitamin C during these periods. Vitamin C also helps to inhibit the production of stress hormones.
- Mild infections and respiratory ailments.
- Tissue repair and wound healing.
- Ideal for smokers, chronic alcoholics, pregnant and lactating women and the elderly, all of whom need larger amounts of this essential vitamin.
Amount Per Tablet
Calcium Ascorbate 1000mg, Bioflavonoids 100mg, Rutin 50mg, Hesperidin 25mg
Take 1 tablet daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Not to be used in children under 4 years of age without medical advice